Biologics Discovery – Immunology Group Senior Scientist
- We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled research scientist to join the Biologics Discovery – Immunology Group at WuXi Biologics in Shanghai, China. You will be responsible for designing, executing and reporting the results of experiments to support projects from target identification and validation through to clinical candidate selection. You will use a wide range of advanced methodologies to probe mechanisms and test drugs, primarily through in vitro and ex vivo cell-based immunological assays. The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, work well independently and as part of a team, and be able to execute on multiple projects simultaneously. With limited supervision, the role includes developing and optimizing methodologies and assays and making decisions using good scientific judgment. The position is a hands-on, laboratory based role with no direct reports.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, cell biology or related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry or in an academic setting.
- Outstanding candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of 7 years’ industry experience will also be considered
- Solid training and background in cellular immunology, preferably with expertise in immune-oncology, autoimmunity, and associated rodent pre-clinical models.
- Ability to independently design, perform and interpret data derived from cellular immune function assays.
- Broad expertise and familiarity with assays and technologies commonly used to assess immune endpoints (e.g., MLR, antigen-specific T/APC cultures; ELISA/ELISPOT, qPCR); solid cell line and primary immune cell tissue culture skills.
- Experience in multi-parameter FACS analysis and proficiency in downstream FACS data analysis using FlowJo.
- Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of statistics, data analysis, and assessment of reproducibility and reliability of experimental data.
- Ability to contribute at a scientific and strategic level to drug discovery research programs in immunology, including proposal and identification/validation of novel targets.
- S/he should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, generate and interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.
- Demonstrated project lead experience in an academic or industrial research setting.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and training junior scientists.
- Proven experience with biologics drug discovery and demonstrable knowledge of multiple large molecule formats and associated technologies.
- Experience with in vivo immune-mechanistic or autoimmune/cancer disease models in the mouse system and their application towards pharmacological assessment of drug efficacy and mode-of-action.
- Demonstrable experience with in vitro pharmacology assays involving large or small molecule drugs, e.g., experimental design and replication, titration and potency value determination, etc.
- Experience with isolation, characterization, and functional testing of primary human immune cells from healthy donors or disease patient-derived materials.
- Genetic engineering of reporter cell lines and/or primary cells: molecular biology skills (e.g., plasmid manipulation and transfection, clonal selection) and experience with gene editing technologies (e.g., si/shRNA and CRISPR/Cas9 via transfection or retroviral delivery).
Primary Location: China – Shanghai
To apply please send your application to HR_Biologics@wuxiapptec.com.