Director, Business Development-EU
WuXi Biologics (stock code: 2269.HK), a Hong Kong-listed company, is a leading global open-access biologics technology platform offering end-to-end solutions to empower organizations to discover, develop and manufacture biologics from concept to commercial manufacturing. Our company history and achievements demonstrate our commitment to providing a truly ONE-stop service offering and strong value proposition to our global clients. As of December 31, 2018, there were a total of 205 integrated projects, including 97 projects in pre-clinical development stage, 94 projects in early-phase (phase I and II) clinical development, 13 projects in late-phase (phase III) development and 1 project in commercial manufacturing. With total estimated capacity of biopharmaceutical production planned in China, Ireland, Singapore and US reaching 220,000 liters by 2022, we will provide our biomanufacturing partners with a robust and premier-quality global supply chain network.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, the Director of Business Development will be a key member of the team to develop strategic partnerships, drive out-licensing, discovery services and other business development activities in Europe
This position is based in Europe, preferably in UK or Ireland.
- Achieve regional revenue target
- Grow revenue through recruiting new clients and cross selling into exiting accounts, managing the portfolio of customers and generating new business
- Work with our internal BD team and others to identify key pharma and biotech companies in the Europe that may benefit from WuXiBody technology platform and discovery services. Initiate contact, drive negotiation and execution of the projects in collaboration with the internal discovery team
- Work with external biopharma/biotech companies and investors to out-license or spin off IP from WuXi Biologics to form new companies
- Plan and perform the selling, proposal and contract negotiation process independently
- Proactively manage our key strategic accounts in Europe
- Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned customer relationships
- Build strong internal relationships across all functions
- Post graduate degree in biological sciences required, PhD and/or MBA desired
- At least 10 years of life science or drug discovery & development experience
- At least 8-10 years of successful sales and territory management experience in CROs or CDMOs.
- Have direct experience in or solid understanding of drug discovery and development processes, particularly biologics drug discovery.
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies and tactics
- Have an established network of business and professional contacts in the industry
- Demonstrated success at managing multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Strong salesmanship with extensive network and a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to lead, manage, influence and collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties with the use of appropriate computer equipment and software (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM tool such as Salesforce).
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time. Be able to work flexible hours to engage with counter partners (internal and external) across various time zones.