Group Leader, Analytical Sciences
WuXi Biologics (stock code: 2269.HK), a Hong Kong-listed company, is a leading global open-access biologics technology platform offering end-to-end solutions to empower organizations to discover, develop and manufacture biologics from concept to commercial manufacturing. Our company history and achievements demonstrate our commitment to providing a truly ONE-stop service offering and strong value proposition to our global clients. As of December 31, 2018, there were a total of 205 integrated projects, including 97 projects in pre-clinical development stage, 94 projects in early-phase (phase I and II) clinical development, 13 projects in late-phase (phase III) development and 1 project in commercial manufacturing. With total estimated capacity of biopharmaceutical production planned in China, Ireland, Singapore and US reaching 280,000 liters by 2022, we will provide our biomanufacturing partners with a robust and premier-quality global supply chain network.
- Lead a team of analytical scientists to support analytical activity of later stage vaccine development including technical transfer and process characterization in the lab.
- Be responsible for the highest quality analytical support while ensuring compliance with FDA/ICH guidelines/regulations, company SOPs, and safety regulations.
- Involved in the design, planning, and set-up of the labs of analytical development to support vaccine development.
- Serve as a technical expert for analytical method development, qualification and transfer.
- Develop/build a world-class analytical team including planning, recruiting/hiring, coaching/mentoring, and training for scientists and managers.
- Play a leading role in project management interaction with internal and external clients such as Process Development and Quality Control.
- Develop and maintain high level of scientific achievements for the company; expected to be a point of contact for project coordination, including email and client meetings.
- Create a safety culture, enforce safety measures and ensure analytical lab staffs working in a safe environment.
- PhD degree with more than 2 years industry experience, or MS degree with at least 7 years industry experience.
- Candidate must possess strong and effective people management, problem solving and interpersonal skills and have a proven track record working cross-functionally across a wide variety of technical, business and operational areas.
- Experience with aseptic techniques, cell culture, bioassays including cell-based potency assays and ELISAs, and molecular biology techniques (qPCR, western blot), separation assays of HPLC/UPLC, etc.
- Experience with vaccines/viral testing and biosafety containment levels, preferably BSL-2 and above.
- Strong aptitude and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external partners.
- Ability to plan and ensure the effective deliverables of projects and tasks within established timelines.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills).
- Excellent data processing skills and computer skills using windows based software.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Must be able to work in lab settings with exposure to cells and vaccines/viruses
- Critical thinking, scientific reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Adapt to changing priorities.
- Organized and detail-oriented.