Senior Scientist for Potency Assay
WuXi Biologics (stock code: 2269.HK), a Hong Kong-listed company, is a leading global open-access biologics technology platform offering end-to-end solutions to empower organizations to discover, develop and manufacture biologics from concept to commercial manufacturing. Our company history and achievements demonstrate our commitment to providing a truly ONE-stop service offering and strong value proposition to our global clients. Searching for subject matter expert in potency assay, perform cell culture/banking, qPCR based potency assay, and testing samples train junior scientists in the King of Prussia potency lab and participate in local and regional technical transfer.
- Perform cell culture, cell banking, sample testing, and equipment maintenance according to requirements of process development labs and ICH guidelines.
- Perform assay fit for purpose of potency assay.
- Document completed lab work and results promptly, clearly, and accurately.
- Prepare presentations and written reports of experimental results and analyses and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and client.
- Write and revise analytical methods, testing protocols and reports, and other technical documents.
- Assist in the lab set-up of the potency lab in King of Prussia, PA.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required.
- Must be familiar with qPCR and aseptic technique.
- Knowledge and expertise in the following fields: Biochemistry and immunology principles and techniques, such as cell thawing, cell culture, cell-based assays, etc.
- Experience with vaccines/viral testing and biosafety containment levels, preferably BSL-2
- Demonstrates good understanding of potency assay in the biopharmaceutical/vaccine industry.
- Experience in a Contract Research Organization (CRO) or Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) is preferred, but not required.
- Limited international travel required
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills).
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Good technical writing skills
- Must be able to work in lab settings with exposure to cells and vaccines/viruses
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Critical thinking, scientific reasoning, and problem solving skills
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Organized and detail-oriented