Associate Director/Director, Quality Control Physicochemistry Lab
- Lead a group of QC managers and analysts to perform in-process, lot release and stability testing by HPLC/UPLC and CE based methods for protein therapeutics for early and late stage programs.
- Provide guidance and oversee method qualification/validation, troubleshooting, laboratory and OOS investigation and promote collaboration with partner organizations.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP). Strong knowledge of GMPs and quality systems with experience managing deviation, change control, and CAPA. Regulatory audit and inspection experience preferred.
- Lead quality control system improvement initiatives. Projects may include writing and reviewing QC SOPs, designing and implementing systems (LIMS, E-notebook etc).
- Develop training program. Ensure all staff receive training in basic cGMP training, HPLC/UPLC, CE and SOPs.
- Draft and review of relevant CMC sections for regulatory submissions including INDs and BLAs.
- The applicant should be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to cross-functional team members.
- Requires a MS or Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related life sciences degree and 8+ years of relevant experience that demonstrates an expertise in assay qualification/validation, release and stability testing and QC operations.
- Extensive hands-on experience in HPLC, CE based technologies and QC operations in cGMP environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required. Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Managerial experience by providing on-going mentoring, supervision, and yearly performance review and appraisal of a large group of scientists.
- Experience interacting with clients and health authorities (CFDA, FDA, EMA etc.) preferred.
Primary Location: China – Shanghai
To apply please send your application to HR_Biologics@wuxiapptec.com