Senior Scientist, Group Leader or Assistant Director of Therapeutic Antibody Discovery
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Scientist, Group leader or Assistant Director to join Department of Therapeutic Antibody Discovery, WuXi Biologics in Shanghai, China, a public trading company in HK. WuXi Biologics provides a comprehensive, integrated and highly customizable range of services for the discovery, development and manufacturing of therapeutic antibody or biologics. We are the only open-access biologics technology platform in the world offering end-to-end solutions to empower anyone to discover, develop and manufacture biologics from concept to commercial manufacturing.
- The candidate will be responsible for designing, managing, supervising, and reporting the in vivo and ex vivo studies to support therapeutic antibody projects. With a wide range of advanced methodologies and in vivo tumor models, the candidate are responsible to evaluate therapeutic antibody efficacy as well as probe drug action in vivo, primarily through in vitro/ex vivo immunological assays and tumor models. The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, communicate/collaborate with project leaders at WuXi Biologics, organize meetings with external CRO scientists, and make decisions with good scientific judgment and limited supervision. The successful candidate will work independently and/or as part of the team, and is required to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Compensation is matched with candidate experience and background.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Oncology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related field; or Master’s degree with a minimum of 3-6 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Solid training in immunology, molecular biology, and/or cell biology, preferably with expertise in immune-oncology, autoimmunity, and associated rodent pre-clinical models;
- Design in vivo studies to evaluate antibody efficacy with tumor animal models, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps; understand statistical analysis, reproducibility and reliability of experimental data.
- Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds; and ability to contribute at a scientific and strategic level to drug discovery research programs in immunology or oncology.
- Broad expertise and familiarity with assays and technologies commonly used to assess immune endpoints (e.g., MLR, antigen-specific T and T cell proliferation; ELISA/ELISPOT, FACS, SPR, and qPCR).
- S/he is expected to be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with ability to work independently.
- Experience with in vivo immune-mechanistic or tumor/autoimmune disease models in mouse system and their application towards pharmacological assessment of drug efficacy and mode-of-action is preferred.
- Demonstrated project lead experience/management in an academic or industrial research setting, and/or CRO experience is a plus.
- Previous experience on therapeutic monoclonal antibody is a plus; proven experience with biologics drug discovery, demonstrable knowledge of multiple large molecule formats and associated technologies is helpful.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and training junior scientists is a plus. Experience with in vitro/ex vivo immunology functional assays and pharmacology assays involving large molecule drugs.
- Candidate is preferred to be excellent in oral and written communication skills.
Primary Location: China – Shanghai
To apply please send your application to HR_Biologics@wuxiapptec.com