IVIS® Spectrum Platform
WuXi Biologics utilizes the IVIS Spectrum in vivo 2-D and 3-D imaging system as an advanced tool in the characterization of preclinical oncology candidates including CAR-T therapies. Using this platform, we also specialize in providing screening services for the evaluation of systemic tumors and, metastasis.
IVIS Spectrum Capabilities
- High sensitivity 2D in vivo optical imaging of bioluminescence and fluorescence tagged molecules
- High-sensitivity 3D in vivo optical tomography for bioluminescence & fluorescence imaging
- High-throughput (5 mice simultaneously) imaging with 23 cm field of view
- High-resolution (to 20 microns) imaging with 3.9 cm field of view
- High-efficiency wavelength filters spanning 430-850 nm
- Ideal for distinguishing multiple bioluminescent and fluorescent reporters
IVIS Spectrum imaging application – Bioluminescent in vivo imaging
The IVIS Spectrum system is unique in the evaluation of orthotopic, systemic and metastasis models. The bioluminescent tumor models provide a clinically relevant, organ-specific tumor microenvironment, and enhance accuracy and relevancy over subcutaneous models. The models, used in this platform mimic primary tumor lesions, have better interactions among tumor, stroma and immune components, and obtain results more relevant to tumor progression and spontaneous metastasis.
Therefore, bioluminescent models provide an ideal setting to track disease progression in real time and investigate drug anti-tumor efficacy as well as mechanisms.
The WuXi Biologics team have years of experience and have established a variety of validated models in the IVIS Spectrum system.