Associate Project Manager-Biologics CMC Leadership Training Program
The Associate Project Manager-Biologics CMC Leadership Training program is uniquely designed for fresh or recent MS or Ph.D. graduates who are bilingual in English & Chinese and have strong desire to grow a career and make an impact in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. The location for these positions will be at WuXi Biologics’ office in Cambridge, MA for the first year and at one of WuXi Biologics sites in China, i.e., Shanghai, Wuxi or Suzhou after the compeltion of the training in US. This program introduces great learning opportunities for those who are new to biotech industry and CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls) through well-designed comprehensive curriculums offered by the US CMC management team and experienced leaders from 10+ different departments. The new hires will be trained as Associate Project Manager-Biologics CMC on CMC domain knowledge, communication skills, and carrying independent projects by having one-on-one or two-on-one mentorship from the US CMC team. The trained Associate Project Managers will later on have career development opportunities tailored to their interests such as cell line development, cell culture process development, downstream process development, drug product development, analytical science, GMP manufacturing, quality control, quality assurance, regulatory affairs, project management and supply chain.
- Work with project team to fulfill the contract requirement and meet clients’ need for CMC development and manufacturing as appropriate.
- Monitor timeline and contract for accuracy and follow up on any discrepancies with clients and internal team
- Track and confirm client material transfer information.
- Work closely with the CMC Leader in the US, and the CMC team in China, in particular, the project managers.to solve technical and project challenges.
- Track the progress of projects and coordinate resources to meet project deadline in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate regular internal project meetings and meetings with clients to contribute discussions.
- Maintain records and document all relevant communications related to projects.
- Maintain WuXi Biologics quality standard and communication standard (e.g. letters, proposals, reports, etc.) and overall document harmonization at the corporate level.
- Assist training of team members as appropriate.
- Write mid-year and year-end training reports.
- Working at night may be required for attending the international teleconference
- This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
- Master/Ph.D. degree in Biotechnology/Chemical Engineering/Biology/Chemistry or related fields.
- S. degree with strong backgrounds will also be considered.
- Strong communication and social skills, fluent in English and Chinese in reading, speaking, writing in both languages.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word)