Assistant Director/Associate Director/Director, Physicochemistry Lab, Analytical Sciences
- Lead a group of scientists to develop HPLC/UPLC, CE, MS methods for development of protein therapeutics for early and late stage programs, including method development, qualification/validation, troubleshooting, direct supervision of scientific staff, and strong collaboration with partner organizations.
- Lead product characterization efforts by biochemical and biophysical techniques for proteins.
- Develop talent, inspire innovation and operational excellence and foster a continuous learning environment.
- Draft and review of relevant CMC sections for regulatory submissions including INDs and BLAs.
- The applicant should be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to cross-functional team members.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant literature.
- The applicant will make decisions affecting direction of project and for ensuring project timelines are met.
- Requires a Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, biochemistry and 8+ years of relevant experience that demonstrates an expertise in assay development and scientific accomplishments.
- Hands-on experience in the development and validation of HPLC, CE, and MS methods for CMC applications.
- Experience with biochemical and biophysical characterization of protein therapeutics.
- Record of scientific technical writing skills as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications in science and technology journals.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required. Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Experience interacting with health authorities (CFDA, FDA, EMA etc.) is preferred.
- Managerial experience by providing on-going mentoring, supervision, and yearly performance review and appraisal of a large group of scientists.
Primary Location: China – Shanghai
To apply please send your application to HR_Biologics@wuxiapptec.com